Thousands of food and beverage professionals and hobbyists, from chefs and food quality professionals to brewers and wine makers, have moved to digital °Baumé measurement from less accurate and less precise optical refractometers.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
"Anyone who produces wine, grape juice, maple syrup or craft beer should find this product one of the best investments they make on any piece of equipment."
"I am in love with this instrument. No more large samples. No more phony readings from badly made refractometers."
"Dramatically improved my commercial brewing consistency & efficiency. Now I can quickly stop my sparge when I get to to my OG."
"I used this for finishing Maple Syrup. I had been trying to determine sugar content using temperature and a hydrometer. I found both very difficult to use. The refractometer was much easier."
"Very easy to measure the sugar in our must"
The Milwaukee digital °Baumé refractometer is temperature compensated with a 0 to 28 °Baumé range and +/- 0.1 °Baumé accuracy. It is easy to use with simple two button operation and fast with a response time under 2 seconds. Maintenance is a breeze also with an easy-to-clean sealed flint glass prism and stainless steel well. The MA883 eliminates the uncertainty of optical refractometers by providing and accurate digital readout.
- Fast, accurate results with digital dual level LCD readout.
- Easy measurement with just 2-3 drops of sample needed and results less than 2 seconds.
- Simple one-point calibration using distilled or deionized water.
- Easy to clean, stainless steel sample well with unit rated to IP65 as "dust tight" and protected against water jets.
- Battery percent level indicator with automatic shut-off (batteries included).
- Ideal for winemakers, brewers, syrup producers, food producers and many other applications.
- MA883 converts the Brix readings to °Baumé based on the table found in the Official Methods of Analysis of AOAC International, 18Th Edition.
- 1 °Baumé is approximately equal to 1.8% Brix, and 1 °Baumé is roughly equivalent to 1 % alcohol when the wine is fully fermented.
- Range: 0 to 28° Baumé | 0 to 80°C / 32 to 176°F
- Resolution: 0.1 °Baumé | 0.1°C / 0.1°F
- Accuracy: ±0.1 °Baumé | ±0.3°C / ±0.5°F
- Light Source: Yellow LED
- Measurement Time: Approximately 1.5 seconds
- Minimum Sample: Volume 100 µL or 2 metrics drops (cover prism totally)
- Sample Cell: Stainless steel ring and flint glass prism
- Temperature Compensation: Automatic between 10 and 40°C / 50 to 104°F
- Enclosure rating: IP65
- Case Material: ABS
- Battery Type: 1 x 9V AA (included)
- Battery Life: 5000 hours reading with auto-shut off after 3 minutes of non-use
- Dimensions Meter: 7.6 x 4.0 x 2.64 inches (192 x 102 x 67 mm)
- Weight Meter: .93 lbs. (0.42 kg)
- Dimensions Package: 11 x 6.8 x 4.60 inches (268 x 172 x 118 mm)
- Weight Packaged: 1.46 lbs. (0.66 kg)