We use water every day for showers, brushing teeth, dishes, cooking, for pets, for plants, to drink and more. Water takes a long journey to get to your home. Make sure your well water, well and pipes are clean by testing your water every six months.
· Test for copper, iron, and lead · Detect dangerous levels of Nitrates/Nitrites · Test for potentially harmful bacteria · Reveal the presence of toxins from pesticides or fertilizers · Learn your water's pH balance · Determine your water's "hardness" · Identify unsafe levels of chlorine in your water · Compare all your results to EPArecommended levels · Single Use
The United States The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends testing your well water at least twice a year.
WHY WATER TESTING?
· Water is the most ingested substance on the planet. Even with modern water-treatment facilities, water can be a significant source of contaminants. · Continual exposure to certain man-made chemicals can cause damage to health over months or years with often serious and sometimes deadly effects. · Chlorine, used for disinfection in many commercial and residential facilities, can react with organic matter to form cancer-causing trihalomethanes. · Even naturally occurring contaminants can show up in drinking water with deadly consequences. · According the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention, E. coli bacteria is responsible for an estimated 73,000 cases of infection and 61 deaths per year in the United States. · Lead is toxic when ingested and causes a wide variety of systemic and developmental problems in adults and children yet this metal can leach from old pipes and fixtures. · Many homes and offices built before 1988 may have lead-containing pipes and fixtures.
TDS-3: Handheld TDS Meter with Carrying Case
With its rugged design and build, the TDS-3 is an ideal meter (tool) that can be used for any application; Ranging from water purification, to hydroponics to industrial waste water treatment. It comes with a black vinyl carrying case, protecting it when carried in a toolbox.
- Hold Function
- Auto-off Function (After 10 min.)
- Built-in digital thermometer
- Includes a carrying case with belt clip
- Factory Calibrated with a 342 ppm NaCl solution. (Meter can be recalibrated with a mini-screwdriver).