We use water every day for showers, brushing teeth, dishes, cooking, for pets, for plants, to drink and more. Water takes a long journey to get to your home. Make sure your pipes are clean by testing your water every six months.
Get professional lab results in your own home
Find out if you have "hard water" Detect dangerous amounts of chlorine
Test for presence of bacteria
Reveal the presence of deadly toxins from pesticides or fertilizers
Learn your water's pH balance
Compare your results to US EPArecommended levels
Single one-time use
This simple, affordable one-of-a-kind kit tests for 8 of the most common and potentially hazardous contaminants found in drinking water (Bacteria, Lead, Pesticides, Nitrates, Nitrites, Chlorine, pH and Hardness). Sample your water today and watch results appear right before your eyes!
WHY WATER TESTING?
Water is the most ingested substance on the planet. Even with modern water-treatment facilities, water can be a significant source of contaminants. Continual exposure to certain man-made chemicals can be cause damage to health over months or years with often serious and sometimes deadly effects. Chlorine, used for disinfection in many commercial and residential facilities, can react with organic matter to form cancer-causing trihalomethanes. Even naturally occurring contaminants can show up in drinking water with deadly consequences. According the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention, E. coli bacteria is responsible for an estimated 73,000 cases of infection and 61 deaths per year in the United States. Lead is toxic when ingested and causes a wide variety of systemic and developmental problems in adults and children yet this metal can leach from old pipes and fixtures. Many homes and offices built before 1988 may have lead-containing pipes and fixtures.
The TDS-4TMA handheld meter is ideal for testing TDS and salt levels of freshwater aquariums and ponds. It can also be used for testing water filtration and purification systems, such as RO and DI, to know when to changes filters and membranes.
- Measures TDS and salt levels of freshwater up to 9990 ppm.
- Includes an internal digital thermometer (celsius only).
- Hold Function - Locks the reading on the screen outside of the water.
- Auto-off function - Turns off meter after 10 minutes of non-use to conserve batteries.
- Dual Range - Measures from 0 - 999 ppm, with a resolution of 1ppm. From 1000 to 9990 ppm, the resolution is 10 ppm, indicated by a blinking 'x10' image.
- Factory Calibrated: our meters are calibrated with a 342 ppm NaCl solution. Meters can be recalibrated with a mini-screwdriver.
- Recommended for fresh water aquariums, aquaculture and ponds.
- Includes an aquarium-specific packaging.