DIGITAL. SIMPLE. COMPACT.
The Milwaukee CD601 digital electrical conductivity (EC) Pen is designed for aquariums, aquaculture, pools, water conditioning and many other applications. The CD601 helps you make sure that your water has the right amount of nutrient to help keep fish tanks healthy or helps you keep your filters up-to-date and clean for water filtration. Keep EC in your target range to help your achieve better results.
- Measures microSiemens (uS/cm) direct and with automatic temperature compensation.
- Ideal range for aquariums (0 to 1990 uS/cm).
- Units in uS/cm are easily convertable to (ppm).
- Factory calibrated with the ability to recalibrate if needed.
- Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC).
- 350 hours continuous use (4 x 1.5V batteries included).
- Simple one point calibration.
CARE AND USE
EC electrodes can develop nutrient build up over time. To miminize build up, always rinse the probe in fresh tap or DI water after every use.
CONVERTING EC TO TDS
The Milwaukee EC Pen, like all conductivity meters, provides a measure of electrically charged ions in a solution and is an absolute measure of conductivity.
EC is often converted to TDS in parts per million (ppm). Different scales include the 500 scale, 650 scale and the 700 scale. However, true PPM can only be determined through chemical analysis.
Your mS/cm reading can be approximately converted to TDS (ppm) as shown in the examples below.
2,000 µS/cm = 2.0 mS/cm = 1000 ppm on .50 factor scale
2,000 µS/cm = 2.0 mS/cm = 1400 ppm on the 442 scale or .70 factor scale
- Range: 0 to 1990 uS/cm
- Resolution: 10 uS/cm
- Accuracy: ±2% Full Scale
- Typical EMC Deviation: ±1% Full Scale
- Calibration: Manual, at 1 point through trimmer
- Temperature Compensation: Automatic from 5 to 50°C (41 to 122°F), with ß=2%/°C
- Environment: 0 to 50°C / 32 to 122°F; max RH 100%
- Calibration Solution: M10031B (25 sachets x 20 mL ea.)
- Battery Type: 4 x 1.5V Alkaline (included)
- Battery Life: Approx. 350 hours of continuous use