Thousands of food and beverage professionals and hobbyists, from chefs and food quality professionals to brewers and wine makers, have moved to digital MA885 Digital Brix / °Oechsle (°Oe) and °KMW (°Babo) meter for measurement of must and grapes from less accurate and less precise optical refractometers.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
"Anyone who produces wine, grape juice, maple syrup or craft beer should find this product one of the best investments they make on any piece of equipment."
"I am in love with this instrument. No more large samples. No more phony readings from badly made refractometers."
"Dramatically improved my commercial brewing consistency & efficiency. Now I can quickly stop my sparge when I get to to my OG."
"I used this for finishing Maple Syrup. I had been trying to determine sugar content using temperature and a hydrometer. I found both very difficult to use. The refractometer was much easier."
The Milwaukee digital Brix/°Oechsle (°Oe) / KMW (°Babo) refractometer is temperature compensated with a 0 to 50% Brix / 0 to 230°Oechsle °Oe) 0 to 42 / °KMW (°Babo) range and +/- 0.2% Brix / +/-1°Oechsle / +/-0.2 °KMW accuracy. It is easy to use with simple two button operation and fast with a response time under 2 seconds. Maintenance is a breeze also with an easy-to-clean sealed flint glass prism and stainless steel well. The MA885 eliminates the uncertainty of optical refractometers by providing and accurate digital readout.
- Fast, accurate results with digital dual level LCD readout.
- Easy measurement with just 2-3 drops of sample needed and results less than 2 seconds.
- Simple one-point calibration using distilled or deionized water.
- Easy to clean, stainless steel sample well with unit rated to IP65 as "dust tight" and protected against water jets.
- Battery percent level indicator with automatic shut-off (batteries included).
- Ideal for winemakers, brewers, syrup producers, food producers and many other applications.
- The conversion used is based on the ICUMSA Methods Book (International Commission for Uniform Methods of Sugar Analysis).